23891 Via Fabricante
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Lic # 921795
"Quality Service from Start to Finish"
1) Are you dealing with a licensed contractor? Most shutter companies don’t have a contractors license. They will dance around why they don’t need one, but the fact is it is illegal to install shutters in a home without a contractors license. In case of property or physical damage you the homeowner have little course of action if you allow someone to work in your home who is un-licensed. We have our contractors license (CA LIC#921795), it is in our name, look at the link: 2)Are the shutters installed by company employees? All of our installers are our employees, we don’t subcontract any labor. This keeps cost down, but also makes the entire process easier on the consumer. You have one point of contact that will handle sales, measure and installation scheduling. 3)Who are you dealing with? Search for a lot of these companies. Most have no location, no license, no Better Business Bereau rating, nothing except a craigslist add. Where do you go if things go badly. I’ve already provided our license info, but here are some more helpful links: 4)Factory direct pricing? Ask to go visit the factory. When my installers pickup our shutters from our vendor there are a line of trucks also picking up with “factory direct” on the side of their trucks. It sounds great in advertisements but most of the time it’s not the truth, they don't make their own shutters. I could tell you I am the factory (it’s located in Los Angeles, or some other city a few hours away), we come to your home and chances are you would never know the difference. I think of myself as an honest businessman, never lie to my customers and even though I’d probably never get caught I would never tell you I am factory direct. What I can tell you is we are a distributor to other window covering dealers, as well as door and window companies and we do sell direct to the public as well. We do a large volume and even though we are not the factory, we do have great pricing. 5)What is being installed? Over the last couple of years the market has been flooded with cheaper alternatives. The problem is they are cheaper materials and don’t last as long. You will hear names like composite, PVC, Durawood or MDF. These are all cheap imitations of quality shutters. We only use 100% basswood and solid vinyl shutters which are the best on the market. If you would like to read more about our quality you can visit: http://www.ejshomeimprovements.com/shutterquality.html 6)Why should you buy from us? We value all of our customers regardless of the job size because we rely on you, the customer, for repeat and referral work. We know, not if but when, we finish your job you will feel comfortable to use us again & refer us to your family & friends. 75% of our work is repeat and referral, we get this due to our honesty as well as our quality product and service.
7) How much do you charge per square foot? Our prices are very low, but you should never go by a square footage price. A lot of companies advertise very low square footage prices, but there are hidden charges. They will charge you for extra square footage you are not getting, decorative frames, wood, and installation. If you want a phone or internet quote have your window sizes handy and get a price to include decorative frames, quality materials and installation.
WE DON’T START WITH A TEASER PRICE THEN UPCHARGE YOU
- Vinyl or Wood Shutters are the same price
- All of our shutters are solid basswood or solid vinyl
- All of our frame selections from plane to decorative are the same price
- All louver sizes are the same price
- Privacy & usage options such as mid rails or T posts are no extra charge
The purpose in writting the Q & A above is to let you know who you are dealing with. We are not some fly by night company using bait and switch tactics to get into your home. We are an established, reputable company and most important we still provide all of our services at great prices. I hope you are comfortable enough to allow us the opportunity to give you a free in home, or online estimate. You can either call me direct on my cell phone (949) 289-0735 or the office at 888-373-0260. Or if you are looking for an online quote follow the link below:
Craigslist customers, thank you for taking the time to visit my web site. Please take a few minutes to read the following page. I hope that the information provided is helpful in making your purchase process as easy as possible. If you ever have any questions you can reach me anytime on my cell phone at 949-289-0735
Eric (The Owner)